Monday 13 June 2016

My English Garden in June 2016


Hello! This is a new blog and I welcome you to it. In here I will be blogging about my English Garden and related issues.  I am looking forward to seeing what other people are doing in their gardening blogs.

+++

The strawberries are ripe. I did have these in a strawberry pot, but during the bad weather in the winter, the pot fell to bits. I rescued what was left and popped the plant into this old terracotta pot.


We ate the strawberries for tea yesterday and they were very delicious.

This old pink rose bush has been flowering each year since 1985. It is so old I've forgotten what it is called.


A couple of years ago I planted a climbing red rose. This is the third year and there are lots of blooms to see.





The yellow climber is always full of blooms. I have sprayed it with Rose Clear to make sure it doesn't get infested with aphids and so far I have no problems.


A couple of years ago I had lots of blue Nigella (Love in a Mist). Then I noticed that one of the flowers was white instead of blue. I kept the seeds and planted them in the Autumn. This gives the plants time to mature and the result is more flowers. This year I have more white ones than blue ones and they look so pretty.


In amongst the Nigella is a pink rose bush. You can just see it peeking out.


Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment